Monday, September 5, 2011

All about me...

I started this blog months ago (maybe a year) and this is my first post. I thought a blog would be a good way to journal all of life's little moments and perhaps a few big moments. But first I'd like to tell you a bit about us, just a little leary...

Mark is my handsome husband and best friend. We've known each other since we were 13 and have been happily married since 2003. Mark is a kind person and a genuine soul. He loves life and does thoughtful things for others. He sees the best in people and always gives others the benefit of the doubt. He's patient and calm/mellow (two qualities that I lack and it seems to balance "us" out). He plays hard, works hard and laughs hard. He's handy, he knows how to build all sorts of things and has the ability to fix things (and does it happily while I say "are you sure you know how to do that?"). We work well together, we compliment each other. But best of all he loves me and our beautiful children. He is a loving father who loves to laugh and play (in other words he's just a big kid). He's my knight in shining armour without a white horse. I love you.




Abigail is a happy little girl who's just a little adventurous. She's so happy & curious and is rarely found without a smile. There is little she isn't willing to try (with the exception of food) or little she isn't willing to climb or jump off. Some days I ask her if she's crazy, she scrunches her nose, turns her head to the side and says "no" with a huge mischievous smile.  I often hear her say "run mommy" or "roar mommy" which means chase me around the kitchen island, or "two, three, two, three" followed by a thunderous THUMP! Only to look up and see she's jumped off the top of the couch and belly flopped on the ground. She thinks everything is hot and must touch it with her finger to ensure your telling the truth that her carrot sticks or grapes are indeed NOT hot. She's brave, she's vibrant, she's happy, she's smart, she's beautiful, she's kind and I'm lucky to be her momma. I love you bug.



Oliver is the newest little person to join our family. And although he's only weeks old I already see a little personality. He loves to be held and loves to cuddle (something Abi won't hold still for). Part of this may be due to the fact that when he is put down and I turn my head he's attacked by an over loving sister with bear hugs and piranha kisses. He always seems to have a furrowed brow and be deep in thought pondering the deep mysteries of the universe. I think he's an old soul. I feel like I've known him my whole life and can't imagine life without him. Prince Oliver I love you.



At last theres me... Lyndsey. What do you say about yourself? .....



This is now Mark. I stole the computer from Lyndsey, I can't let you go with out really knowing about her. With out going into to much detail Lyndsey is one of the most wonderful person you will ever meet. I am incredibly lucky to have her in my life. I couldn't ask for a better wife, and Abi and Oliver couldn't ask for a better mother. She is beautiful, smart, and giving. Full of random facts, that somehow always end up being incredibly useful. She has an impeccable attention to detail (or in other words she's OCD, but I love that about her). She's talented in ways she doesn't even realize. She makes our house a home. She has an amazing spirit that will comfort you in your darkest hour. I love her with all of my heart, and I would be a wreck without her.










No comments:

Post a Comment