Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oh Abi!


Oh Abi, how you keep me on my toes and this past week has been no exception. I left Abi unattended for 3 minutes while I went to the bathroom. She was playing with crayons, stickers and a piece of paper. I returned just in time to hear her say "mommy, sticker eye, nose," which translated to an emergency room visit and the ER doctor extracting a googly eye out of her right nare. She was so sad and worried that it was "stuck" and burst into tears on and off all the way to the hospital. I explained to her that the doctor would get it out and that everything would be okay. She sat so perfectly still while the doctor stuck the forceps up her little nose. And she was so happy to finally have the googly eye out.

This isn't the first time that Abi has stuck something up her nose. Just a few short weeks ago we were driving home and Abi said to Mark "daddy pony" while pointing to her nose. We thought nothing of it and assumed she had seen an animal and was calling it a pony. She sneezed multiple times and then fell asleep. When we got home we transferred her to her bed for a nap. Shortly after she woke up from a nap she burst into tears, pointed to her nose and said "pony." And then it clicked. We call elastics for her hair "ponies." Sure enough when I looked up her nose there it was a "pony." With a little luck and a pair of tweezers we got the "pony."

Today I was changing Oliver's diaper when Abi discovered the pantry door had been left open. As I finished I heard a tiny little voice say "Mommy, Abi stuck." And boy was she ever! I found Abi sitting on the top shelf of the pantry 6 ft up in the junk food basket looking for a treat.

This is just a glimpse into a day in the life of my little Leary, Abigail. Abi you sure keep me hopping, but oh how I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Lyndsey, you have one crazy girl on your hands. I have a blog too that I will send you info for. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete